The story of the Bible and the opportunity to respond to its message.
Statement of Faith
1) We believe in one God eternally existing in one essence, yet three co-equal persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; the Trinity (Deuteronomy 6:4; Colossians 1:16-17; 1 Timothy 1:17).
2) We believe the Scripture, the Old and New Testament, are verbally inspired by God, inerrant and infallible in the original writings (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21; Isaiah 40:8; John 20:31; Psalm 19:7).
3) We believe Jesus Christ was the incarnate Son of God, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born to the virgin Mary (Isaiah 53:10-12; Matthew 1:18-25; John 1:1,14; 10:30).
4) We believe the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity, who convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment. He indwells every believer (John 14:16-17, 26; 15:26; Romans 8:9, 14-17; Galatians 5:22-26).
5) We believe mankind was created in the image of God, but sinned, incurring both physical death and spiritual death (separation from God), and that human beings are born with a sinful nature (Genesis 1:26-27; 2:17; 3:1-7; John 5:24; Romans 3:9-23; 5:12-19; Ephesians 2:1-3).
6) We believe the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scripture as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the basis of His shed blood (John 3:16, 36; Romans 3:24-26; 5:1-21; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5-6; Hebrews 9:27-28).
7) We believe all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again by the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God and heirs of eternal life. A possessor of faith in Jesus Christ can never lose their salvation (John 1:12-13; 3:5-6; Ephesians 2:8-9; Hebrews 11:6).
8) We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, His ascension into heaven where He currently resides as our High Priest and Advocate for us (John 20:11-18; Acts 1:9; Hebrews 10:19-25; I John 2:1-2).
9) We believe in the blessed hope; the personal, visible, and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ (John 14:3; Matthew 24:36; 25:31; Titus 2:13).
10) We believe in the existence of Satan, who works to keep men and women from believing the good news of Jesus Christ and sins forgiven. We believe that Satan and his angels and all who do not receive Christ as their personal Savior will eternally perish in the hell at the end of the age (Genesis 3; Job 1:6-12; Acts 5:3; Luke 16:19-31; Matthew 25:31-45).
11) We believe in the Church, whose mission it is to make disciples of people from all nations (Matthew 28:19,20).
12) We believe the Church consists of all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that local gatherings of believers are to be governed by a plurality of elders (I Corinthians 1:23; I Timothy 3:1-7; Acts 20:36-37; I Timothy 5:17-19).
13) We believe the only ordinances given to the Church by the Lord, are Baptism and the Lord's Table (Communion) (Acts 2:38; I Corinthians 11:17-29).